So, here are a few things I have been up to this month.
- Purchased and installed a new front door. The front door was kicked out,
and the framing was destroyed. A new pre-hung steel entry door was purchased, old
framing members were replaced, and the door was hung. A new lockset and deadbolt
were purchased and installed.
- New front windows were ordered.
- Laminate flooring for the living room and kitchen was purchased (it was
on sale at Menards - $.96/square foot, I couldn't pass that up, even though
I don't need the flooring yet).
- Marble tile was purchased for the bathroom (again, on sale, $1.49/square
foot at Home Depot...)
- Granite purchased for non-existant kitchen counters (again, on sale, great
deal for $1.99/square foot).
- Had the outside service upgraded with a new meter base, new wire, new ground,
and a new 100 amp panel installed inside.
- Lots of cleaning and removal of trash....
- Removed a lot of ductwork in the basement that was trashed. Found a lot of
interesting things in the basement:
- Lots of liquor bottles
- Application for concealed weapons permit
- Three vaccuum cleaners
- Several pair of (used) Nike Hightops
- Several pair of pants
- Pepsi can from the 1970's
- Baseball cards
- Public defender's business card
- Someone forgot about fluffy!!!
- Rebuilt the staircase into the basement. The old one was really far gone,
tore it out, and rebuilt it using 2x12's and 2x10's.
- Misc wiring and plumbing removal.