- April 2-3, 2005. I spent a lot of time this weekend on plumbing issues. I've done almost
all the copper supply pipe, probably about another 4 hours of work there. The water
meter that came with the house is destroyed, looks like vandalism, so once all this plumbing is done,
I'll still have to call the water company out, I guess, to get a new meter. I also did a little
drywall work, but nothing major. Sorry, no new pictures at this point. It was pretty nice out
this weekend and I didn't feel much like spending 6 hours/day in the dank basement of the crack house...
- April 9-10, 2005. I'm just about done with all the copper supply line piping in the house,
both hot and cold. The bathroom is done, but it was a pain. The supply lines are into the
kitchen. Once all the rest of it is done (connections to laundry), I should be able to get
the water company to come out and replace or fix the meter, then turn the water on. Oh, well,
I have to do all the drain work of course! Here's a picture of the back wall of the bathroom
showing the tub/shower and sink plumbing. Not really a thing of beauty, but I think it will work:
- So that I can get the plumbing into the kitchen, I also had to get the floor cabinets in
the right place. So, I spent some time installing those, and hanging the remaining wall
cabinets as well. The open space to the right is for a dishwaser, and the stove opening currently
has a 24" cabinet sitting in it (that will go on the opposite wall where the fridge will be).
- April 16, 2005. I spent most of the time this day working in the kitchen. I was finishing
up getting the kitchen cabinets level, and I also cut a plywood top, layed down a title backer
board, and put the granite tiles down to make the counter top. I test fit the sink and it looks
like everything fits:
- April 30, 2005. More work on tile, this time in the bathroom. The marble floor has been
installed. I also tiled the edges of the shower area, and poured some more concrete to level
the floor leading into the bathroom.