May 29-31. Work progresses. I finished up a few things that I had gotten away
from. I finished wiring some lights and receptacles in the kitchen. I wired all the
outlets in the living room. The room is now ready for some new drywall. I picked
up another door (for the rear), but didn't have time to install it. I began tearing
out the bathroom. The toilet was drained a couple weeks ago. I was able to get
one mounting bolt off but not the other. I thought about cutting it and then
realized it would be easier to just smash the hell out of the toilet with a hammer.
A few whacks later and the toilet was in pieces, in a box ready for the trash. Here's
what it looked like after I started in on the tank (the red stuff on the tub
is not blood, BTW, it is candle wax):
I began pulling out the wall covering (a type of paneling) and quickly got down to
bare studs in some places:
Once all the wall coverings are off, I'm going to take out the tub and floor. Once
that is done, new subfloor will go in, as well as greenboard-drywall walls. I plan
to put in wainscotting and of course a nice new tub, toilet, and pedestal sink. That
is probably quite aways away yet, though...