May - June 2005 Blog
- Ok, ok, ok -- I apologize. I haven't been keeping up with this online journal. I get it.
Yes, I'm still working on the house. Here's what I've been up to.
- Kitchen: I've been working in here alot. Cabinets are all in place, granite counter top
is done (tile laid, grouted, etc). The trim came in, it was all busted, I had to send it back.
I just got that again, so I can finish the tile work. The window casing is done. The cabinets
are on their second coat of white paint. The white tile backsplash area is all done. Cable is
pulled and outlet boxes are in place, just need to wire in the GFCI's, and that will be done. I've
replaced the door to the basement, and added a ceiling fan/light combo. Ceiling has been painted.
- Bathroom: Tile is all done, just need to grout it, and then I can install the sink and toilet.
The water is not on.
- Upstairs: I've pretty much finished drywalling the large upstairs room, except for a small
part next to a second story window I haven't replaced yet (and I haven't quite figured out how
to replace that window, as my ladder isn't long enough). I did replace the window in the back.
I've got electricity up there now as well, with the ceiling light fixture wired up.
- So...things are moving along. For some reason, I've had problems getting good pictures
inside. But, here are a few from the kitchen (sorry about the quality -- sigh). The last
one is on the second floor.